Monday, September 21, 2015

Day 1 fail

Day one in Australia and Ive already messed up.

     So before I left I set up a Homestay* near Noosa Heads. I was very nervous as I had never met these people before and I was to wait for them to show up where the bus had dropped me off.   Thankfully after stalking them on Facebook throughly I recognized them pull up minutes after arriving at the bus drop off. Unfortunately in my nervousness I left my small purse on the bench (had my passport and credit cards in it). I realized my mistake as soon as we got to their house and felt like a true nincompoop. What a great way to make a first impression!! Geoff and Margaret were extremely kind and understanding and Geoff gave me a ride back and helped me search everywhere to no avail. Needless to say I was stressing. Geoff helped me make a police report but as this was a Sunday it was likely that if someone picked up my purse to turn it he/she would wait till Monday. So. no use worrying till Tuesday if I couldn't find it till then. 

"Take only memories, leave only footprints." -Chief Seattle and my mom
I chose this quote to remind the reader that leaving anything but footprints may be harmful to the environment.   Just kidding. Don't leave your passport and/or wallet. I found mine and am so glad I do not have to go through the hassle to get new copies of it all when out of the country.
*stay at a person/s home in exchange for work set up through sites such as Helpx.net 

1 comment: