Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Australia day 2

Got Lucky!!


     Monday I was getting morning chores out of the way when I overheard Margaret on the phone talking to someone about passport and cards. This got my hopes up. When she hung up Margaret told me the great news: someone found my lost purse!! It had been turned into Woolworth's. On the way back from picking up my purse Geoff let me try and drive his 4x4 on the (left side) road for the first time. It was so discombobulating. 

     I was just starting to get used to the feel of driving on the other side of the road when Geoff started yelling at me to pull over. I was seriousely concerned that I had commited some seriouse offence. So I pulled over and hopped out when Geoff said "follow me, I wanna show you something" *in australian accent*. So we walked a ways down the road when we see a HUGE (3m?) carpet snake slowly crossing the road. Geoff was brave, grabbed it by the tail and pulled it off the road so it wouldn't get run over. 
       

     Later helping out with dinner, Margaret pointed out this beautiful turkey with a bright yellow and red head. turns out latter that they  are everywhere. I don't feel so bad now not getting a picture of it.

Lots of fun,
     Sami


"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page" St. Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment