Sunday, September 20, 2015

Catching ZZZ's

Fiji

After an exhausting day in Hawaii I headed to the airport with two carry-ons in my bikini and coverup. I was expecting to get through check in no problem then, go into the restroom and clean up and change and rearrange my luggage. Well...    my duffle (carry-on according to Alaska Air) was too big and I had to check it in. thus I had to speedily change all I could to my backpack and such while everyone wanted to get the line moving again. Needless to say I forgot some stuff (like underwear). 

Making it through the line I headed for the bathroom and changed best as I could out of my swimwear. Then I headed for the sink and mirror to clean up from the beach best as I could.  If mirrors cracked from ugly sights like the kids joke this mirror would have been in millions of pieces. I had to double take my hair was such a mess! After cleaning up I headed to the gate to wait. Plane came at 2am finally and it was a long flight but not too bad. 

I made it to the Hotel in Fiji about 10:30 am and slept from there. Everyone in Fiji is so incredibly nice and it is such a beautiful country that I am sad to say that I slept most of the day except for meals. 

Next morning I left the hotel at 5am for my flight so unfortunately no pictures were taken the whole time I was there. If I could fire myself I would. 

Plane flight to Brisbane was alright, made nicer by a women traveling like me but coming from Alaska and meeting up with friends.

"Oh the places you'll go" -Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment