Friday, October 9, 2015

This weeks update

the kangaroos are behind the cows
     Surfing wise I haven't gotten very far. I've been out a total of three times. 1st time I did ok. 2nd time I stood up. 3rd time the waves were huge, the current strong, and my arms were weak. I paddled out as much as I could but I knew I wouldn't make it out and back to shore without hurting myself.  I think the best part of that day was the dog I met. I seem to really miss how back home we have pets everywhere. 
     I FINALLY got my bank account sorted out. Many thanks to my parents for that.  Who knew that in this day and age my bank in the states couldn't transfer money to an overseas account.  It's crazy! The solution turned out to be sort of easy.  I just got a cash advance from my US card to my AU account.  Not to bad but the banks don't seem to want to work together. I was in the bank so much all the employees began to recognize me even over the phone!
     I'm still car shopping. I'll write a post about that when it is all done. Or maybe I will just write a book it seems to be so difficult and taking so long.
     I got a job! It is just for a few days while I am still in Noosa but a bit extra money is nice.   I went with Geoff to one of his skipper jobs to take a ride up the river on a Dinner cruise boat. When the owner found out I was a waitress he offered me a job to cover for one of his waitress. How could I say no? The boat is nice, the river is beautiful and I could definitely use some cash. So I showed up two days later for my shift and my new boss showed me a bit behind the bar and in the kitchen. We set up for the party (a late afternoon cruise) and got to work. For a first day it went great. Everyone was nice and cheerful. I work again tonight with a bigger party and other staff. We will see how it goes. I'm nervous as usual when doing something new.
"Not all those who wander are lost" -JRR Tolkien
It may be that not everyone who wanders is lost, but I often am.

No comments:

Post a Comment