It is hard to keep this blog up. The last thing I want to do while I am enjoying myself and having lots of fun is sit down and write. I really dislike writing but this will be nice to look back later and remember my travels. It's also great because I can keep my family up to date on what I'm doing and not annoy people with it on other forms of social media. So I will start now on what Ive been doing while slacking on this blog.
So. Since I got here I have been struggling to get my phone working. At first it was fighting with AT&T to unlock my phone like they were supposed to have done before I left the US. Finally getting that done I moved on to activating my pay as you go sim card. That they want you to have a telephone number to set up.... Hello! Im trying to GET a telephone number how am I supposed to provide them with one!! I will need to go into town and go to an actual store and set it up.
A few days ago I decided it would be nice to get a 4x4 car to get around in instead of going around on transportation. This requires a bank account. I was going to get one anyways but it wasn't an immediate need. Now wanting a car it is. WELL, apparently you also need a phone number to register your bank account. This is just wonderful and makes no sense to me. I need to go in and talk to my new Australian bank.
Buying a car is as difficult as buying a car sounds. It's hard so far I have found a lot I like but they are overpriced for not having registration and a RWC ( means that the car is safe to drive).
On to the fun stuff!! All around town here are little art displays for the art festival going on.
I am learning to surf, I actually stood up!!
On tuesday I made burritos for my HelpX hosts and it was fun. Then on thursday I made quesadillas for them with the leftovers from burrito night. To my shock and horror they had never had nor heard of quesadillas. So I had to explain what a quesadilla was and how to eat them. Australia really has very little Mexican food and to a Californian this is extremely strange as Mexican is a big part of our diet.
"An adventure without risk is Disneyland"- Doug Coupland
Disneyland a dream land but this is real adventure.

No comments:
Post a Comment