So I just finished my second fast food meal here in the land of Oz. I felt the differences were a bit noteworthy. First McDonald's: here in Australia burgers have beetroot on them. It is a thing like pickles, tomatoes and onions are on our American burgers. The drink sizes ARE smaller. I thought that was just everyone trying to make us Americans feel like fattys. Also McDonald's (maccas ) has slushies, how cool is that, and their menu is much less diverse than the US McDonald's menu.
Today I tried Red Rooster. I was a bit hungry and had lots of time to kill so I decided to try something new and not go to subway where I would have the same thing I would get back home.
So I went to this Red Rooster and looked at the menu. Now I mentioned I was hungry right? When I saw the menu title labeled "mega box" I thought "That's for me!" I got the chicken, mayo and lettuce burger and it came with fries and gravy and a drink.
Silly me I thought I would be getting at least a large box of food. It is a little bigger than my hand. The burger was actually pulled chicken with a bit of lettuce and about the size of my palm. I got the equivalent of a kids serving of fries in the states in my box and a few ounces of gravy. I have no idea what the gravy was for. I dipped my fries and "burger" in it and it was absolutely delicious but very salty. Kind of like vegimite now that I think of it. It must be an Australian thing or maybe I was doing something wrong.
Now I am sitting here still hungry and wanting another of these tiny "mega boxes"
So I went to this Red Rooster and looked at the menu. Now I mentioned I was hungry right? When I saw the menu title labeled "mega box" I thought "That's for me!" I got the chicken, mayo and lettuce burger and it came with fries and gravy and a drink.
Silly me I thought I would be getting at least a large box of food. It is a little bigger than my hand. The burger was actually pulled chicken with a bit of lettuce and about the size of my palm. I got the equivalent of a kids serving of fries in the states in my box and a few ounces of gravy. I have no idea what the gravy was for. I dipped my fries and "burger" in it and it was absolutely delicious but very salty. Kind of like vegimite now that I think of it. It must be an Australian thing or maybe I was doing something wrong.
Now I am sitting here still hungry and wanting another of these tiny "mega boxes"
"Eat chicken " -the Chick-Fil-A cows
Only because I ate chicken today and am missing the overly sized American portions of food. Oh and I got caught taking a picture of this empty box that had my food. Don't judge me girl, you don't know what I'm really doing!
Only because I ate chicken today and am missing the overly sized American portions of food. Oh and I got caught taking a picture of this empty box that had my food. Don't judge me girl, you don't know what I'm really doing!
No comments:
Post a Comment