So. Unfortunately I have had to move from Margaret and Geoff's. They have a lovely girl from mexico coming to stay with them and it is time for me to move on. Thankfully Geoff introduced me to Ian and Susa who I will be staying with to be a trial run for them. They want to try out Helpx and see how it goes (I hope I represent us Helpx-ers well). They have toddler twins that are adorable but a handful. With Ian and Susa I will be helping clean the boat I worked on the other day, cleaning out their garage and some other smaller things.
The day before Geoff, Margaret, the rest of the boys and I went to Noosa National park to surf for the day. I can now say that I have jumped off Flat Rock and into Boiling Pot. Apparently this is something big in the surf world or at least here in Noosa. It was lots of fun, I am slowly getting better and it is always enjoyable to watch everyone surfing.
 |
| Me paddling out. |
 |
| At peace with the waves... or whatever. |
 |
| Waiting to catch a wave. |
 |
| After a good crash. |
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
I most certainly am not disappointed in my efforts to surf though it is slow going. And even the mistakes I am making along the way, and there are plenty of those, I am learning so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment