So as the hype of a new restaurant faded out for Pigro, where I was waitressing, wore out I got less and less hours and soon wasn't making enough to cover rent anymore. The hunt for a new job was on. I was back on Seek and Gumtree and even put an add out myself for waitressing work.
I got a call for a job the next day and the day after that I went in for training to do door knocking. Job is to go around a set up area and look for houses that may have not switched their halogen light bulbs to LED lights, as the Australian government has banned them and is funding their replacement, and get them to convert. It is a LOT of walking but I get to see some parts of Melbourne I would have never seen without this job and the people I work with are super awesome. 
Now remember that add I put up? I got all sorts of emails for top-less waitressing, being an escort, nude modeling that kind of stuff. Some people were super dodgy. I even got asked to let someone practice massages on me and get paid for it. Lol not going to happen.
I did get a few legit offers from people for waitressing work. One was for a hotel/bar in Tasmania. They even had a place for me to stay rent free and parking! I thought I wouldn’t be able to visit Tasmania time and money wise but with a job there I will get to go. I am super excited to start. Tasmania is beautiful and I'll be out of the city and hopefully I'll feel better when my sinuses aren't being bombarded with pollution.
I did get a few legit offers from people for waitressing work. One was for a hotel/bar in Tasmania. They even had a place for me to stay rent free and parking! I thought I wouldn’t be able to visit Tasmania time and money wise but with a job there I will get to go. I am super excited to start. Tasmania is beautiful and I'll be out of the city and hopefully I'll feel better when my sinuses aren't being bombarded with pollution.
Ill miss everyone I met in Melbourne but hopefully ,when I head through again in July, I'll get to see them again.
"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you" -Neil Gaiman
I have been many places now and I am loving the self that I bring along and cannot wait to take it to more places. Now off to Tasmania!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment