The first two weeks here were very rainy and cold for a Southern California girl so I didn't go out too much.
I did however learn how to take the train all over the city and spent the first couple days just getting lost. On one day that was supposed to be sunny I decided to go and see 'Sculptures by the Sea' at Bondi beach which had been recommended by several people. The walk was great and took one along the cliffs where the sculptures were. Unfortunately it was too crowded to get any good pictures. right as I was reaching the end of my walk the sky decided to dump buckets on everyone. It was kind of entertaining to see all these people on the beach, dressed for getting wet, running to take cover from the rain. I continued on my path as I was in a bikini anyways and it wasn't a cold rain. It was surprisingly a lot of fun. I was hoping the rain would end soon and I would get a great spot on a now vacant beach. But the rain didn't stop so I hopped on the bus and went home.
This is the first week that has been sunny and it's going to be a hot one. I've spent the last couple days at the beach. Tomorrow I think I will go and take a tour of the Opera house.
"I read; I travel; I become" - Derek Walcott
Ive spent a bunch of days reading on the beach. It is so peaceful and relaxing. It allows time for reflection and thoughts to settle.



No comments:
Post a Comment