HAPPY BIRTHDAY MYLES!!! This post is for you. I am sorry I cannot be there for your birthday but this blog post is dedicated to you. I hope you enjoy buddy!First some Aussie slang for you. This is just some of the words I have now had to add to my brain's dictionary so that life here is just a little less confusing.
USA
|
Strayn (Australian)
|
Lemonade
|
Squash
|
Flipflops
|
Thongs
|
Johnny
|
Johno
|
Cookis/crackers
|
Bickies/biscuits
|
Afternoon
|
Arvo
|
Guy
|
Bloke
|
Truck
|
Ute
|
Trash can
|
Rubbish bin
|
Bathroom
|
Toilet
|
Tradesman
|
Trady
|
Party week after HS graduation
|
Schoolies
|
Beer koozie
|
Stubby holder
|
Gas station
|
Servo/ petrol station
|
Candy
|
Lollies
|
Vons
|
Woolworths
|
Red neck
|
Bogan
|
Mcdonalds
|
Maccas
|
Mosquito
|
Mozzie
|
Thrift shop
|
Op shop/ salvo
|
Good job
|
Good on ya
|
No lies / the truth
|
Fair dinkum
|
How are you?
|
Howya goin?
|
Would you like some tea?
|
Wanna cuppa?
|
Ketchup
|
Tomato sauce (dead horse)
|
Electrician
|
Sparky
|
Cantaloupe
|
Rockmelon
|
BBQ
|
Barbie
|
Great/awesome
|
ripper
|
Lots
|
Heaps
|
Cheap wine
|
Goon
|
Make out
|
Pash
|
Food
|
Tucker
|
Thanks
|
Ta
|
Sausages
|
Snags
|
Hiking
|
Bushwhacking
|
No problem
|
No worries
|
Beer can
|
Tinny
|
Sketchy
|
Dodgy
|
Sheets and such
|
Manchester
|
Comforter
|
Dunna
|
It’ll be ok
|
She’ll be right
|
Booze
|
Grog
|
Australian rules football
|
Footy
|
Expensive
|
Dear
|
Chicken
|
Chook
|
Middle of nowhere
|
Woop woop/ never never
|
Shopping cart
|
Trolly
|
Wasted
|
Pissed
|
French fries
|
Chips
|
Potato chips
|
Potato crisps
|
| A koala |
| Some dingos. They were so cool. Much smaller than I thought they would be. I even got a kiss on the cheek from one! I felt so special. |
| More of the dingos. they loved me and I loved them. |
| They look like nice and friendly dogs. They are not. their only loyalty is to food and their trainers make it very clear they can be quite aggressive but will stay FAR away from humans in the wild. |
| I think you can guess that this is a kangaroo ;) |
![]() |
| an emu |
| this is the #2 deadliest snake in the world! An eastern brown snake. I don't remember what the rest of these are called. |
I took these pictures all at Healesville australian animal sanctuary. These animals were incredible. Some of the birds weren't even in cages they were just happy to wander the area and follow people around (probably hoping for some food).
How they sing happy birthday in Australia:
Happy Birthday to you
happy birthday to you
happy birthday dear Myles
happy birthday to you!
hip hip, HORAY!
hip hip, HORAY!
hip hip, HORAY!!!!!
I hope you have a ripper of a year. Can't believe you are so old already!
LOVE and miss you so much. Now have an extra slice of cake for me ;) tell mom I said so.

No comments:
Post a Comment