Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Job Hunt

 


      I made the mistake of looking for a job RIGHT before Christmas when everyone will be too busy to hire for a couple weeks. Not smart, Sam. SO. I spent a LOT of time replying to hundreds of job adds and walking around restaurants near my place looking for employment as, hopefully, a waitress.
     Eventually places started getting back to me and I got several interviews. After these interviews I would often go and wander around the area and just soak in the new environment. Eventually I did get a job.

     I will now be working at Pigro. It's a new restaurant opening up and so far it has been interesting being there for the beginning of the project. It is set to open next wednesday but so far I like everyone I will be working with and once the job starts I should get lots of hours. fingers crossed. 


Luna Park
Theater next to Luna Park
                                                           




Me making tacos for a coworker after our meeting was canceled. 


"Tacos are like what the voices of a hundred angels singing Bob Dylan while sitting on rainbows and playing banjos would taste like if that sound were edible" - Isabel Quintero 
Because Tacos are delicious and a rare treat here where it is hard to find good Mexican food.

No comments:

Post a Comment